Adzuki Bean Soup Recipe
If you feel bloated after holidays, our nutrition expert Melanie Waxman has shared this delicious adzuki bean soup recipe which is anti-inflammatory. It´s great for the adrenals and kidneys, balances blood sugar and gives you strength and vitality.
- 1 cup Aduki beans, soaked in water overnight
- 1 tbs toasted sesame oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 cup Winter pumpkin cut into cubes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 Tbs freshly grated ginger
- Spring water
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat the sesame oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the celery, squash, carrots, beans and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and add the cumin, and turmeric.
- Simmer until beans are tender, for 45 minutes or so.
- Season with salt and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the cilantro, lime juice and a little ginger, mix gently and serve.