Acne is a common skin disease characterized by pimples on the face, chest, and back. It occurs when the pores of the skin become clogged with oil, dead skin cells, and bacteria.
There are lots and different types of acne that may be conditioned by life stages, such as puberty or pregnancy; or by its own nature, white spots, blackheads, papules, and cysts… There are many factors to keep in mind. That’s why doing a right diagnosis is crucial to let us apply the best and most adequate acne treatment.
Main causes for acne are:
- Hormonal changes
- No hygiene
When treating mild to moderate acne is very important to bear in mind:
Acne treatment in the beauty booth:
– Deep cleansing and skin regeneration to proceed to the elimination of possible marks and bumps and decrease inflammation.
– It is very important not to stimulate the skin too much and to treat the sensitivity that it usually has at the same time.
– We need good oil-free products that provide water to the skin, as most acne skins often appear dehydrated.
– Reducing and control the production of sebum.
– Avoiding hyperkeratosis accelerating the shedding of dead cells.
– Controlling bacterial infection by monitoring the pH of the skin.
– Reducing inflammation and skin marks.
Acne treatment at home:
– Home treatment is even more important than the beauty booth treatment because you have to customize the daily cleaning and care ritual under professional supervision.
– It would also be advisable to check the diet, since the appearance of spots or blemish is often due to a toxins excess that is eliminated through the skin. If the appearance is due to hormones, a specialist must control it.
In more severe cases of acne it is best to turn to the dermatologist.