9 energy superfoods to recover vitality
The foods we eat play an important role in the daily development, because our metabolism transforms the energy they provide, allowing us to make all kinds of activities and respond to stimuli on the correct way. For those moments when we feel tired and low of energy, we created this list of 9 energy superfoods that will boost and revitalize our energy.
- Ginseng – is the most popular medicinal plant in the world due to its medicinal properties known for centuries in Asian countries. It has many benefits as increasing physical and mental activity, resistance in stress situations, and the general feeling of vitality and concentration.
- Oats– It’s considered the “queen of cereals” because of its beneficial properties. In addition, it’s a source of fiber and carbohydrates. It can be eaten in many ways as cereals in porridge providing enough energy for the rest of the day, or as an ingredient for salads and cold dishes.
- Walnuts and Almonds – Nuts and particularly walnuts and almonds are a quick way to increase energy levels. They contain magnesium, vitamin E and B that relieve fatigue, reduce stress and stabilize blood sugar levels, helping metabolism not to get hungry during the day.
- Matcha Tea – A cup of matcha tea provides twice the energy that coffe, for longer, avoiding nervousness or irritability that coffe can bring, because the sustainable energy of matcha tea is soft and consistent. In addition, it protects against the effects of cancer, improves metabolism and is a perfect antioxidant that prevent premature aging because a cup of matcha tea equals 10 cups of regular green tea.
- Cocoa seeds – Chocolate is the ultimate source of energy. The purer it is, the better. That’s why cocoa seeds are perfect to improve the mood because they provide a instantly sense of happiness while they provide extra energy for the rest of the day. They are bitter at first but once you taste them, you won’t hesitate to repeat.
- Açaí – It’s a powerful source of energy that fights many diseases and improves mood. It’s a very powerful fruit due to it high antioxidant effect and nutrients. It’s a perfect ingredient to add to juices and smoothies.
- Spirulina –It’s a green microalgae that helps recover the figure, energy, vitality and detoxify the body. It’s a great source of protein that contains a photo pigment called phycocyanin that helps brain and heart health, as well as immune system.
- Honey – Due to its high content of micronutrients, vitamins and minerals (phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, silicon, iron) and its high content on sugars that are quickly absorbed, is an ideal food for those who suffer from anemia or who need an extra help to recover vitality. It provides energy in a few minutes, although its consumption should be moderate.
- Maca – This superfood is able to oxygenate blood, increase the levels of resistance and energy and balance physical and biological capacity against stress situations. It can be eaten dried, powder or flour including it in smoothies, vegetable milkshakes, desserts, sweets or in salads and soups.
Add this energy 9 superfoods to your diet and say goodbye to feeling tired!