6 ways to improve your health!
If you want to lead a healthier lifestyle, the most sustainable way to do it is by incorporating healthy habits little by little. If you do a drastic change from one day to another, you’re going to struggle far more and you’re going to find it much harder to stick to your healthy habits. Taking it a day at a time will make the whole experience much more enjoyable and you’ll start becoming much more in tune with your body and with what it needs. Over time, leading a healthy lifestyle will become second nature to you and you won’t see it as a struggle, simply as a way of taking care of yourself consciously and lovingly.
Healthy habits mustn’t be hard to include into your daily routine, quite the contrary. With a few simple rituals, you’ll be doing your body wonders.
- Start your day with warm lemon water. This starts detoxing your body from toxins first thing in the morning, will get your metabolism going, strengthen your immune system, hydrate your organism and give you that energy kick you need to get your day started. To make it extra beneficial, add fresh grated ginger, turmeric, black pepper and a drop of a healthy oil of your choice. Turmeric is fat-soluble, meaning the body requires a fat to absorb its vitamins. Black pepper increases the bioavailability of the turmeric, making it far more beneficial.
- Have a healthy smoothie in the morning. Smoothie’s are a great way to pack in as many nutrients as possible into one drink. Add superfoods into the smoothie to make it a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals!
- Substitute your coffee with herbal teas. You may be tempted to lean in for the coffee, but, if you substitute it with an herbal tea, like a rooibos tea, you’ll be doing your body a favour. Herbal teas have many medicinal properties, like cleansing the liver, hydrating the body, decrease cholesterol levels, promote weight loss, and relieve headaches, alongside many other benefits.
- Move your body! Moving your body is one of the best ways to make you feel good. You release endorphins that make you feel great afterwards, your energy levels increase and your mood improves. If you can walk to work, make that a priority. If you’re a morning person, get your workout done first thing to get it out of the way, and if not, go exercise after work to end your day taking your mind off everything and workup a sweat!
- Substitute unhealthy processed snacks with a healthy snack, like a handful of nuts, homemade energy bar, fruit or smoothie.
- Add a pinch of turmeric into your meals. Turmeric is the queen of spices. Its benefits are endless. Adding this medicinal spice into your meals, will give them a nutritional boost! You can add it to soups, rice and pasta dishes, and sauces.
As you can see, these 6 tips are easy to incorporate into your day. Overtime, they’ll become indispensable to you and you’ll start adding more healthy habits into your routine. You only have one body, so you might as well take care of it!