10 reasons to enjoy a healthy holiday at SHA
Disconnect from the outside noise and reconnect with your inner self by spending a few days of rest and relaxation in a natural setting with one of the best climates in the world.
Disconnect from the stress of everyday life, relax, catch up on lost sleep and recharge your batteries: these should be the main objectives of any summer holidays. But holiday excesses often lead you even further away from your optimal state of physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health. You get up later than usual, eat more than usual, consume more alcohol, sugar and fried foods, stop going to the gym, go to bed in the wee hours of the morning… In short, you suffer a strange case of summer amnesia that makes us forget all the healthy habits you follow during the rest of the year.
The result is that a lack of physical activity, an unbalanced diet and poor sleep hygiene mean that, you find yourself more tired post-holiday than pre-holiday, low on energy and likely with a few extra kilos. That’s why this year we’re proposing a different plan. These are the 10 reasons to spend a healthy holiday at SHA Wellness Clinic:
1. SHA is located in an idyllic setting, in the heart of the Sierra Helada Natural Park facing the cliffs of the Mediterranean Sea. Not only that, but according to the World Health Organisation, its climate is one of the best in the world.
2. Enjoy the exclusivity, privacy and all the services of luxury accommodation while you reach your optimum state of health and well-being.
3. Enjoy first-hand the culinary experience of the healthy, sustainable and delicious haute cuisine of the SHAmadi restaurant.
4. Get some sun (always with sunscreen) and take a refreshing dip in the infinity pool on the terrace.
5. Recover your inner peace and free yourself from physical and mental stress with sound therapy featuring Tibetan singing bowls, an ancient healing technique traditionally used by Buddhist masters.
6. Relieve muscle aches and reduce stress with Psammo hot sand therapy, a healing technique used in ancient Egypt.
7. Learn to manage stress and emotions, calm anxiety, calm the mind, recharge vital energy and be aware of the here and now by practising mindfulness disciplines such as pranayama breathing techniques or meditation.
8. Let all your worries melt away in the water while you enjoy a four-handed watsu massage in our exclusive individual and totally private pool.
9. Rebalance your energy levels and strengthen your immune system with an acupuncture session.
10. Keep active and fit with aquabiking, kick boxing, Nordic walking, paddle tennis or a hike on the beach or in the mountains.