Prevention must be our first line of action. Our mission is to improve our guests’ health and wellness. Now, more than ever, this involves using the knowledge and experience of our medical team and multidisciplinary experts, applying the most exacting standards and cutting-edge technology, and offering the highest medical and hygiene guarantees to keep our valued guests and our teams healthy and safe while at our facilities.
We are announcing the measures put in place by SHA to safeguard your health and well-being, whilst adhering to the standards of excellence and sustainability that inspire our brand.
Our Covid-19 measures
A protected environment
- A PCR or IgM/IgG (based on guest record) before arriving at SHA. This is recommended or required based on the presence of symptoms or likelihood of infection.
- A medical exam, which will now include a state-of-the-art antigen test, is conducted upon arrival.
- All SHA staff must be tested before returning to work.
- Ongoing health care
- Thermal cameras at access points
- Health kit, including a face mask, disinfectant hand gel and gloves
- The use of face mask and gloves by all staff teams
The very latest innovation and the most stringent hygiene standards
- Following a meticulous study by the SHA medical and technical team, state-of-the-art technology has been introduced to disinfect the air, as well as surfaces, fixtures and fittings, depending on the characteristics and needs of each space.
- Cleaning protocols, which were already rigorous, have been strengthened in line with, and beyond, the public health guidelines issued by the WHO, as well as by national and regional authorities.
Making your SHA experience an easy one
- SHA app. In order to prevent the development of infection hotspots without adversely affecting our guests’ experience, the SHA app brings together everything you need during your stay.
- Health & Work We provide the technology, facilities and spaces required by guests to remain connected during their stay with us, especially in these challenging times.
Ideal facilities for social distancing
One of SHA’s outstanding features is the spaciousness of its facilities, in both its public and private areas, as tranquillity and privacy are key elements of the SHA experience. In order to ensure that we make the best use of the extensive space available, we have adopted the following measures:
- Occupancy at SHA has now been limited to below its full capacity.
- Occupancy is now limited to far below capacity in terms of both spaces and activities, in order to guarantee that each guest has the maximum amount of personal space and privacy.
- The varied range of outdoor activities and training sessions available at our Healthy Living Academy has been increased.
- We have introduced a social-distancing protocol for both guests and the SHA team.
Nutrition and Dining
- The meals served at SHA are all based on fresh, local, seasonal produce; we never use processed food. Our nutritional principles are in line with the Harvard Faculty of Medicine and with WHO guidelines, and are the most appropriate for ensuring a strong and healthy immune system.
- Our menus have been revised, to focus on foods that are especially recommended for improving the defences and alkalinising the body.
- Every food is subjected to a detailed protocol of traceability, cleaning and disinfection.
- All mealtimes are operated under a shift system, with a table assigned to each guest for their entire stay, thereby ensuring optimum space and social distancing.
- The distance between tables exceeds the recommended by the WHO for the hospitality industry.
Strengthening the immune system
- All stays this year (2020) include an immunotherapy consultation and lymphocyte profiling to assess the current state of guests’ immune system.
- We have also developed and increased treatments for boosting the immune system, including stem-cell therapy, infra-red heat, optimum electromagnetic balancing, ozone treatments, saline therapy treatments, vitamin C megadosage, stress management sessions, immunosenescence profiling, cell regeneration, etc.
- We have developed a specially designed immune system strengthening pack combining the most effective therapies.
- SHA offers guests the opportunity to benefit from a good proportion of its wide range of treatments and services in the privacy and seclusion of their own residence. Everything from a massage or a therapeutic treatment to a Vinyasa yoga lesson on your private terrace, or even a healthy cooking lesson.
Safety and comfort during your transfer to SHA
- VIP, ozone-disinfected, private transport from / to the airport and regional railway stations (Alicante / Valencia), as well as VIP transfer for domestic routes (Madrid / Barcelona). Guests’ luggage will also be disinfected.
- For more popular routes, SHA is contracting regular private jets for guests’ shared or individual use, offering peace of mind that everyone on board has undergone and passed Covid-19 testing.
We guarantee your peace of mind
We want to offer maximum safety and peace of mind to our guests. Therefore, we offer a full comprehensive SHA Insurance as an exclusive benefit at no additional cost. This service will be in force from the moment you check-in until the end of your stay.
A more flexible system for bookings
The policy for bookings and amendments to bookings has been made more flexible to allow for any changes or possible rescheduling of guests’ stays with us.
- Bookings can be changed to any other date within the next 12 months without incurring any penalty, up to 48 hours before the arrival date.
- Bookings can be cancelled without charge up to 7 days prior to the arrival date.
- For cancellations made 7 days or less before the arrival date, the entirety of the stay will not be charged, as has been the case up to now. Instead, only 50% of the total cost will be charged (including any booked treatments and services).
- In the case of retrospective cancellation, 50% of the booking cost will be charged.
- If the dates of a booking have already been amended once, unless there is a force majeure justification, any subsequent cancellation will incur cancellation charges, for the total amount of the deposit originally paid (50% of the booking cost).
- Any bank or administrative charges will be deducted from the refund of the deposit. In order to refund a deposit (or part of a deposit) paid by credit card, if over 30 days have elapsed since the payment of the deposit, the refund can only be made by means of a bank transfer to the account indicated by the guest.
- Once a guest has checked into the establishment, in the event of an early departure, the total amount for all services contracted will be charged, and no refund can be made.