Although it seems contradictory, during the summer are detected increased levels of stress and anxiety, which suppose we return to work or routine with high levels of anxiety, and often also with several extra kilos for not eating properly. Holidays are needed to rest and recover lost energy during our long work period but, despite this, in most cases we do the opposite of what our body needs: drink and eat in abundance, do less sport, we take too much sun, sleep fewer hours… and waste our energy.
In addition, the psychologist Noelia Aguirre speaks even of what is known as “holiday stress” and remakks that the loss of the comfortable routine generates anxiety and vaccum and planned holidays subject us to incidentals, increase family life and create schedules that alter our emotional balance.
As a result of this, many people come to September more tired and worn than they were on vacation, facing the fall exhausted and with low defenses.
With respect to increased stress levels, scientists at the Erasmus University of Rotterdam (Netherlands) in a study published in the journal Applied Research in Quality of Life, found that while we spent the summer or travel we are much happier but, when the rest ends, happiness levels down at high speed. However, in their research the scientists found one exception: when holidays are very relaxing vacationers happiness last at least two weeks after returning to work.
Therefore, we want to share our tips for making the most of holidays and rest everything we need while we take care of our health and wellbeing.
1. Seize the summer to lose those extra kilos with the help of these 5 foods that help you lose weight and looking much what we ask when we go out to eat
2. Let’s do outdoor sport! It will help you release stress and keep in shape
3. Let us use our free time to learn to manage our stress and nervousness
4. Sunbathe with caution to prevent damage to our skin
5. Let us try to sleep at least 8 hours a day, it has many health benefits
Your email address will not be published.